1) Centrepointe Professional Services 98 Centrepoint Drive 613-228-1174 between 9am-12Noon and 1-5pm Mon-Fri
2) Mindware Academy 985 Pinecrest Road Mon-Fri 8:30-3:00
3) Learning Disabilities Association of Ottawa-Carleton 160 Percy St Mon-Thurs 9am-3:30pm
Who we are
Each and every day, Canadians with learning disabilities (LDs) face the challenge of learning and processing information with courage and determination. What they don't need is the added challenge of having to explain LDs to classmates, colleagues and employers.The Learning Disabilities Association of Ottawa-Carleton (LDAO-C) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting increased awareness and respect for persons with learning disabilities. As an association, we engage the community and professional groups to assist in their understanding of LDs and ADHD.
Imagine a world without the stigma of learning disabilities....
If we can imagine it, we can do it.
We provide support, guidance, resource materials, programs and opportunities for sharing information and concerns.We offer a number of programs for individuals, families, employers, educators and the community at large to help understand and cope with LDs better:
- Sunshine Day Camp Social Skills Program for kids with LDs/ADHD
- Workshops for parents, teachers, workplaces, and community groups on topics related to LD/ADHD
- Monthly parent support/education nights (October-June)
- One-on-one consulting sessions with families and individuals
- Advocacy coaching
- Lending library and resource materials at the Roy Cooper Memorial Resource Centre
You can support us by making a donation, becoming an active member or volunteering your time.
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- How to be an effective Advocate for your child: Strategies for Communicating for Success